Beach Clogs Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Beach Clogs
- Series Title Dallas Museum of Fashion Collection
Donor: Hall, LeonContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: [1940..1959]
- No Language
- Content Description: Pair of wooden, raffia, and leather beach clogs. The slip-on shoes are designed with wooden platform soles with rounded toes, and a wide woven raffia strap across vamp which is dyed in stripes, red, off-white, black, orange, white, brown, and green. The raffia strap is attached at either side by narrow band of leather nailed into sides of sole. The 3" high heel is of a modified Louis style, and is painted with flower-heads in blues and reds, with similar floral forms on the sides of the platform near the toes.
- Physical Description: Measurements: L:22 cm W: 7.08 cm H: 7.5 cm Heel: 7.5 cm / 3 in.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Shoes (Footwear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Clogs
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Shoes
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: [1940..1959]
- Place Name: United States
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1967.025.073
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc114732
- Display Note: This object was part of the Dallas Museum of Fashion collection. Founded in 1960 by the Fashion Group, Inc. of Dallas, the collection comprised important items of historic and current fashion. It was housed in the Apparel Mart, Dallas, and operated as the Dallas Museum of Fashion from 1960 until 1971. It moved to what was then North Texas State University in 1972, and became the Texas Fashion Collection.