[Controlled Vocabulary Graphic] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Controlled Vocabulary Graphic]
Author: Tarver, HannahCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Organizer of meeting: University of North Texas. Libraries.Contributor Type: Organization
Organizer of meeting: University of North Texas. Digital Scholarship Co-Operative.Contributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 2012-09-22
- Content Description: This graphic expresses kinds of controlled vocabularies as a continuum of least to most complex and illustrates how different vocabularies are related; it includes notes describing the image on a separate page. The slide was used as a visual aid at a workshop during THATCamp (The Humanities and Technology Camp) as part of the Digital Frontiers conference at UNT Libraries.
- Physical Description: 2 p.
- Keyword: controlled vocabularies
- Keyword: hierarchies
- Keyword: thesauri
- Keyword: synonym rings
- Keyword: taxonomies
- Keyword: ontologies
- Conference: Controlled Vocabularies for Digital Collections [Workshop], The Humanities and Technology Camp (THATCamp), 2012, Denton, Texas, United States
Name: Digital FrontiersCode: DIGIF
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc111289