Rediscovery of the Elements: Strontium Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Rediscovery of the Elements: Strontium
- Series Title Rediscovery of the Elements
Author: Marshall, James L., 1940-Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Marshall, Virginia R.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Name: Alpha Chi SigmaPlace of Publication: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Creation: 2002-23
- Content Description: Article describing the history of the element strontium from its discovery in Strontian, Scotland, to its early uses in English medicine. Maps with directions and photographs of pertinent locations are included.
- Physical Description: 42-47 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Keyword: mineralogy
- Keyword: chemical elements
- Keyword: chemistry
- Keyword: scientific research
- Keyword: tourism
- Keyword: maps
- Keyword: Strontium
- Keyword: medicines
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: St. Thomas’s Hospital (London, England)
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Royal Military Academy, Woolwich.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Crawford, Adair, 1748-1795.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Cruickshank, William, 1745-1800.
- Keyword: mines
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Hope, Thomas Charles, 1766-1844.
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1790~
- End Date: 2002-23
- Place Name: England - Greater London Metropolitan Area - London
- Place Name: Scotland - Edinburgh Unitary Authority - Edinburgh
- Place Name: Scotland - Highland Unitary Authority - Strontian
- Journal: The Hexagon, Volume 93, Number 3, Fall 2002, Alpha Chi Sigma, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Publication Title: The Hexagon
- Volume: 93
- Issue: 3
- Page Start: 42
- Page End: 47
- Pages: 6
- Is Part Of: The Hexagon, Volume 93, Number 3, Fall 2002, ark:/67531/metadc111188/
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT College of Arts and SciencesCode: UNTCAS
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc111186
- Academic Department: Chemistry