Rediscovery of the Elements: Germanium Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Rediscovery of the Elements: Germanium
- Series Title Rediscovery of the Elements
Author: Marshall, James L., 1940-Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Marshall, Virginia R.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Name: Alpha Chi SigmaPlace of Publication: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Creation: 2001-22
- Content Description: Article recounting the history of the element Germanium, including background material on mining in Germany and the isolation of Germanium by Clemens A. Winkler. Tourist information is provided regarding Winkler's laboratory and mines open to the public as museums.
- Physical Description: 20-22 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Keyword: Germanium
- Keyword: Germans
- Keyword: mines
- Keyword: miners
- Keyword: mineralogy
- Keyword: chemical elements
- Keyword: chemistry
- Keyword: scientific research
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Winkler, Clemens Alexander, 1838-1904.
- Keyword: tourism
- Keyword: maps
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Agricola, Georg, 1494-1555.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Technisches Institut Bergakademie.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Werner, Abraham Gottlob, 1749-1817.
- Keyword: Technical Institute of Mining Academy
- Keyword: Argyrodite
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Himmelsfürst (Germany)
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1542
- End Date: 2001-22
- Place Name: Germany - Saxony - Chemnitz National District - Freiberg
- Journal: The Hexagon, Volume 92, Number 2, Summer 2001, Alpha Chi Sigma, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Publication Title: The Hexagon
- Volume: 92
- Issue: 2
- Page Start: 20
- Page End: 22
- Pages: 3
- Is Part Of: The Hexagon, Volume 92, Number 2, Summer 2001, ark:/67531/metadc111182/
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT College of Arts and SciencesCode: UNTCAS
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc111177
- Academic Department: Chemistry