Walkin' by the River Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Walkin' by the River
Composer: Carlisle, Una Mae, 1915-1956.Creator Type: Personal
Collaborator: Sour, Robert, 1905-Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Lyricist
Arranger: Caccia, JoeContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1957-07-16
- Content Description: This is a manuscript score of Joseph [Joe] A. Coccia's arrangement for jazz ensemble of the song "Walkin' by the River," by Una Mae Carlisle. It includes chord symbols and sections of the music, dynamics and solo entrances were marked using red pencil. On the back of the last page of the manuscript, there are suggested performance instructions and an alternative ending addressed to Stan [Kenton]. Each page of the manuscript bears the inscription "Stan Kenton Orch."
- Physical Description: 1 manuscript score (7 p.) ; 33 x 45 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Popular instrumental music -- 1941-1950.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Popular music -- 1931-1940.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Jazz -- 1931-1940.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Jazz -- Scores.
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Stan Kenton CollectionCode: STKT
Name: UNT Music LibraryCode: UNTML
- Rights Access: unt
- Musical Score/Notation
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc11082
- Display Note: Original music composed by Una Mae Carlisle; lyrics by Robert Sour. Arr. for jazz ensemble by Joseph A. Coccia, July 16, 1957.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Omniscan creationAppVersion: 11 creationHardware: Zeutschel OS 10000