A Verilog 8051 Soft Core for FPGA Applications Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title A Verilog 8051 Soft Core for FPGA Applications
Author: Rangoonwala, SakinaCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Kougianos, EliasContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Chair: Mohanty, Saraju P.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Co-major Profesor
Committee Member: Hayes, Robert G.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Clark, DaveContributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 2009-08
- Digitized: 2009-10-30
- Content Description: The objective of this thesis was to develop an 8051 microcontroller soft core in the Verilog hardware description language (HDL). Each functional unit of the 8051 microcontroller was developed as a separate module, and tested for functionality using the open-source VHDL Dalton model as benchmark. These modules were then integrated to operate as concurrent processes in the 8051 soft core. The Verilog 8051 soft core was then synthesized in Quartus® II simulation and synthesis environment (Altera Corp., San Jose, CA, www.altera.com) and yielded the expected behavioral response to test programs written in 8051 assembler residing in the v8051 ROM. The design can operate at speeds up to 41 MHz and used only 16% of the FPGA fabric, thus allowing complex systems to be designed on a single chip. Further research and development can be performed on v8051 to enhance performance and functionality.
- Keyword: IP core
- Keyword: Verilog
- Keyword: FPGA
- Keyword: 8051 micro-controller
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Microcontrollers.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Embedded computer systems.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Field programmable gate arrays.
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Rangoonwala, Sakina
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- OCLC: 493328601
- UNT Catalog No.: b3808686
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc11013
- Degree Name: Master of Science
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Discipline: Engineering Systems
- Academic Department: Department of Engineering Technology
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas