Numerical investigation of recirculation in the UTSI MHD combustor Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Numerical investigation of recirculation in the UTSI MHD combustor
Author: Schulz, R. J.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Lee, J. J.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Giel, T. V., Jr.Creator Type: Personal
Name: University of Tennessee (System). Space Institute.Place of Publication: Tullahoma, TennesseeAdditional Info: Tennessee Univ., Tullahoma (USA). Space Inst.
- Creation: 1983-09
- Content Description: Numerical studies were carried out to investigate the gross structure of flow in cylindrical combustors. The combustor configurations studied are variations of a working design used at the University of Tennessee Space Institute to burn pulverized coal at temperatures in excess of 3000K for generation of a plasma feeding a magnetohydrodynamic channel. The numerical studies were conducted for an isothermal fluid; the main objective of the calculations was to study the effect of the oxidant injection pattern on the gross structure of recirculating flows within the combustor. The calculations illustrate the basic features of the flow in combustors of this type and suggest implications for the injection of coal and oxidizer in this type of combustor.
- Physical Description: Pages: 48
- Keyword: Numerical Solution
- Keyword: Oxygen Enrichment
- STI Subject Categories: 30 Direct Energy Conversion
- Keyword: Mhd Generator Utsi
- Keyword: Fluid Flow
- Keyword: Direct Energy Converters
- Keyword: Mathematical Models
- Keyword: Coal-Fired Mhd Generators
- Keyword: Flow Models
- Keyword: Enrichment
- Keyword: Coal Fines
- Keyword: Combustors
- Keyword: Mhd Generators 300103* -- Mhd Generators-- Materials, Components, & Auxiliaries
- Other Information: Portions are illegible in microfiche products
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Other: DE83017533
- Report No.: DOE/ET/10815-84
- Grant Number: AC02-79ET10815
- DOI: 10.2172/5832630
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 5832630
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc1099997
- Display Note: NTIS, PC A03/MF A01; 1.