Preservation of Newspapers: Preliminary Findings of the Chronicles in Preservation Project Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Preservation of Newspapers: Preliminary Findings of the Chronicles in Preservation Project
Author: Skinner, KatherineCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Educopia Institute
Author: Halbert, MartinCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Schultz, MattCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: MetaArchive Cooperative
Organizer of meeting: University of TorontoContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Faculty of Information
- Creation: 2012-10-04
- Content Description: This presentation discusses the preliminary findings of the 'Chronicles in Preservation' project involving the preservation of newspapers. In this presentation, the authors describe the project background, the state of the field report, and the phase 1 findings and progress.
- Physical Description: 18 p.
- Keyword: newspaper digitization
- Keyword: preservation
- Keyword: born-digital newspapers
- Conference: Ninth Annual iPres Conference on Digital Preservation, 2012, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Is Version Of: Digital Preservation of Newspapers: Findings of the Chronicles in Preservation Project, ark:/67531/metadc109727
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc109725
- Academic Department: Libraries