Acoustic noise associated with the MOD-1 wind turbine: its source, impact, and control Page: 3 of 262
This report is part of the collection entitled: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical Reports and was provided to Digital Library by the UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
The authors wish to acknowledge the support and assistance of the following
organizations in SERI's MOD-1 research:
% Appalachian State University
• The Blue Ridge Electric Membership Corporation
• Engineering Dynamics, Inc.
• Cornell University, Sibley School of Mechanical and Aerospace
• The General Electric Company
• Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Aeronautics and
• NASA Langley Research Center, Structural Acoustics Branch
• NASA Lewis Research Center, Wind Energy Program Office
• Pacific Northwest Laboratories, Atmospheric Physics Department
• Pennsylvania State University, Departments of Meteorology and Mechanical
9 The Portland General Electric Company
• Rocky Flats Wind Energy Research Center
• University of Colorado-Boulder, Departments of Mechanical and Aerospace
9 University of Virginia, Department of Environmental Sciences
Special thanks are extended to the residents of Boone, North Carolina,
particularly those near the MOD-1 site who aided us in this investigation.
Some parts of the program could not have been accomplished without the help of
SERI staff members Stan Thues, Bob McConnell, and Jane Ullman. Benjamin Bell
was responsible for developing much of the computerized, time-domain analysis
technique. University of Colorado-Boulder (UCB) engineering undergraduates
Robert Wooten, David Dill, and Daniel Schell were responsible for supporting
the testing at the Rocky Flats Research Center and provided the bulk of the
support and planning for the testing in the UCB wind tunnel. This work was
supported by the DOE Wind Energy Technology Division under contracts
EG-77-C-01-4042 and DE-AC02-83CH10093.
Here’s what’s next.
This report can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Report.
Kelley, N.D.; McKenna, H.E.; Hemphill, R.R.; Etter, C.L.; Garrelts, R.L. & Linn, N.C. Acoustic noise associated with the MOD-1 wind turbine: its source, impact, and control, report, February 1, 1985; Golden, Colorado. (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1095935/m1/3/: accessed April 21, 2019), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.