Tandem mirror thermal barrier experimental program plan Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Tandem mirror thermal barrier experimental program plan
Author: Coensgen, F.H.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Drake, R.P.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Simonen, T.C.Creator Type: Personal
Name: Lawrence Livermore LaboratoryPlace of Publication: Livermore, CaliforniaAdditional Info: California Univ., Livermore (USA). Lawrence Livermore Lab.
- Creation: 1980-01-02
- Content Description: This report describes an experimental plan for the development of the Tandem Mirror Thermal Barrier. Included is: (1) a description of thermal barrier related physics experiments; (2) thermal barrier related experiments in the existing TMX and Phaedrus experiments; (3) a thermal barrier TMX upgrade; and (4) initiation of investigations of axisymmetric magnetic geometry. Experimental studies of the first two items are presently underway. Results are expected from the TMX upgrade by the close of 1981 and from axisymmetric tandem mirror experiments at the end of 1983. Plans for Phaedrus upgrades are developing for the same period.
- Physical Description: Pages: 29
- Keyword: Open Plasma Devices
- Keyword: Tmx Devices
- Keyword: Electrical Equipment
- STI Subject Categories: 70 Plasma Physics And Fusion Technology
- Keyword: Plasma Confinement
- Keyword: Thermonuclear Devices 700101* -- Fusion Energy-- Plasma Research-- Confinement, Heating, & Production
- Keyword: Plugging
- Keyword: Electric Coils
- Keyword: Temperature Gradients
- Keyword: Equipment
- Keyword: Confinement
- Keyword: Electron Temperature
- Keyword: Magnetic Mirrors
- STI Subject Categories: 700202 -- Fusion Power Plant Technology-- Magnet Coils & Fields
- Keyword: Magnet Coils
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: UCID-18505
- Grant Number: W-7405-ENG-48
- DOI: 10.2172/5723689
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 5723689
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc1093594
- Display Note: Dep. NTIS, PC A03/MF A01.