Processing Non-English Content Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Processing Non-English Content
Author: Weidner, AndrewCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Organizer of meeting: Library of CongressContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 2012-09-27
- Content Description: This presentation was presented at the National Digital Newspaper Program (NDNP) Awardee Conference in Washington, D.C. The presentation describes the NDNP New Mexico project's experience encoding ALTO OCR file language codes to enable enhanced discovery of its Spanish language content on the Chronicling America website.
- Physical Description: 31 p.
- Keyword: digitized newspapers
- Keyword: optical character recognition
- Keyword: OCR
- Keyword: ALTO
- Conference: National Digital Newspaper Program Awardee Conference, 2012, Washington D.C., United States
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc107765
- Academic Department: Digital Projects Unit