Shear and Bending Strength of Cold-Formed Steel Solid Wall Panels Using Corrugated Steel Sheets for Mobile Shelters Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Shear and Bending Strength of Cold-Formed Steel Solid Wall Panels Using Corrugated Steel Sheets for Mobile Shelters
Author: Derrick, Nathan LynnCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Yu, ChengContributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Nasrazadani, SeifollahContributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Zhang, HaifengContributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 2017-12
- Content Description: The objective of this thesis is to determine if the single sided resistance spot weld (RSW) can be used as a feasible connection method for cold formed steel (CFS) shear walls subject to lateral force of either seismic or wind loads on mobile shelters. The research consisted of three phases which include: a design as a 3D BIM model, connection tests of the resistance spot weld, and full-scale testing of the designed solid wall panels. The shear wall testing was conducted on specimens with both resistance spot weld and self-drilling screws and the results from tests gave a direct comparison of these connections when the solid wall panel was subjected to in-plane shear forces. The full-scale tests also included 4-point bending tests which was designed to investigate the wall panel's resistance to the lateral loads applied perpendicularly to the surface. The research discovered that the singled sided resistance spot weld achieved similar performance as the self-drilling screws in the applications of CFS wall panels for mobile shelters. The proposed single sided resistance spot weld has advantages of low cost, no added weight, fast fabrication, and it is a feasible connection method for CFS wall panels.
- Keyword: Cold-Formed Steel Shear Wall
- Keyword: Spot Weld Connection
- Keyword: Engineering, General
- Keyword: Engineering, Materials Science
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Derrick, Nathan Lynn
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights Reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Accession or Local Control No: submission_977
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc1062814
- Degree Name: Master of Science
- Degree Level: Master's
- Academic Department: Department of Engineering Technology
- College: College of Engineering
- Degree Discipline: Engineering Technology
- Degree Publication Type: thesi
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas
- Embargo Note: The work will be published after approval.