Rules for a Dictionary Catalog Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Rules for a Dictionary Catalog
- Series Title U.S. Bureau of Education. Special report on public libraries--pt. II
Author: Cutter, Charles A. (Charles Ammi), 1837-1903Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Librarian of the Forbes Library, Northampton, Mass.
Author: United States. Bureau of Education.Creator Type: Organization
Editor: Cutter, W. P. (William Parker), 1867-1935Contributor Type: Personal
Author: Ford, Worthington Chauncey, 1858-1941Contributor Type: Personal
Author: Phillips, Philip Lee, 1857-1924Contributor Type: Personal
Author: Sonneck, Oscar George Theodore, 1873-1928Contributor Type: Personal
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1904
- Digitized: 2006-11-20
- Content Description: Volume of cataloging rules created prior to the widespread availability of Library of Congress cataloging. Includes definitions and instructions on entry and style. Additional articles describe cataloging of special publications such as manuscripts, music, and maps and atlases.
- Physical Description: 173 p. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Cataloging.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Catalogs, Dictionary.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Coverage Date: 1876/1904
- Edition: 4
Name: Government Documents General CollectionCode: UNTGOV
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 1619992
- Government Documents No.: I 16.2:L 61/5
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc1048
- Display Note: First issued as pt. 2 of the 1876 Special report; 2d edition, 1889; 3d edition, 1891. "No liberties whatever have been taken with the manuscript left by the author. The Appendix has been shortened by the omission of all rules [except those for imprint] and of the list of reference books. The articles on the cataloging of special material have been added [1. Manuscripts, by W.C. Ford. 2. Music, by O.G. Sonneck. 3. Maps and atlases, by P. Lee Phillips]" "Whole Number 340"
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Omniscan creationAppVersion: 11 creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Zeutschel OS 10000