Marine Corps Amphibious Combat Vehicle (ACV) and Marine Personnel Carrier (MPC): Background and Issues for Congress Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Marine Corps Amphibious Combat Vehicle (ACV) and Marine Personnel Carrier (MPC): Background and Issues for Congress
- Series Title Fiscal Year 2018
Author: Feickert, AndrewCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Military Ground Forces
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2017-06-01
- Content Description: This report discusses the Marine Corps development and funding requests for the the 2018 fiscal year for Amphibious Combat Vehicles (ACV) and Marine Personnel Carriers (MPC). The Department of Defense's FY 2018 Budget Request requests $340.5 million dollars for 26 ACVs. Potential issues for Congress include an increase in Marine Corps end strength and force structure resulting in an increase in overall ACV requirements and the challenges and risks associated with the Marines' new MPC/ACV acquisition strategy.
- Physical Description: 16 p.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Military vehicles
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Defense budgets
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Marine Corps
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: R42723
- Accession or Local Control No: R42723_2017Jun01
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc1043303