Clearing the Air on the Debt Limit Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Clearing the Air on the Debt Limit
Author: Austin, D. AndrewCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Analyst in Economic Policy
Author: Thomas, Kenneth R.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Legislative Attorney
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2017-11-02
- Content Description: This report provides clarifications on five common debt limit contentions or questions which are: The United States had debt limits before 1917, Did the Federal government default in the 1970s?, Were "clean" debt limit increases once the norm?, Could a platinum coin avoid a binding debt limit?, Would the Fourteenth Amendment allow the President to act unilaterally?, and Is the debt limit obsolete?
- Physical Description: 15 p.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Debt limit
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Public debt
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Budgets
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: R45011
- Accession or Local Control No: R45011_2017Nov02
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc1043199