Repair or Rebuild: Options for Electric Power in Puerto Rico Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Repair or Rebuild: Options for Electric Power in Puerto Rico
Author: Campbell, Richard J.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Energy Policy
Author: Clark, Corrie E.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Analyst in Energy Policy
Author: Austin, D. AndrewCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Analyst in Economic Policy
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2017-11-16
- Content Description: This report explores several alternative electric power structures to PREPA for meeting the electricity services and needs of Puerto Rico. The ability of Puerto Rico and its citizens to assume the burden of paying for a rebuilt (and possibly restructured) electricity system is doubtful. Modernizing Puerto Rico’s grid, and taking the next steps to incorporate resiliency, could be expensive. None of the options discussed provides a silver bullet solution to the issues of the grid in Puerto Rico. Congress may consider whether the efforts to restore electric power in Puerto Rico need to progress beyond simple restoration of electricity, and require new investment and oversight by the federal government.
- Physical Description: 39 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Electric utilities
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Electric power failures
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Disaster relief
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Bankruptcy
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Place Name: Puerto Rico
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: R45023
- Accession or Local Control No: R45023_2017Nov16
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc1043179