Analytical solutions for a two-level system driven by a class of chirped pulses Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Analytical solutions for a two-level system driven by a class of chirped pulses
Author: Jha, Pankaj K.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Texas A & M University
Author: Rostovtsev, Yuri V.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas; Texas A & M University
Name: American Physical SocietyPlace of Publication: [College Park, Maryland]
- Creation: 2010-07-06
- Content Description: Article on analytical solutions for a two-level system driven by a class of chirped pulses.
- Physical Description: 4 p.
- Keyword: chirped pulses
- Keyword: quantum systems
- Keyword: lasers
- Keyword: optical pulses
- Journal: Physical Review A, 2010, College Park: American Physical Society
- Publication Title: Physical Review A
- Volume: 82
- Issue: 1
- Pages: 4
- Peer Reviewed: True
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT College of Arts and SciencesCode: UNTCAS
- Rights Access: public
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevA.82.015801
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc103257
- Academic Department: Physics
- Display Note: Copyright 2011 American Physical Society. The following article appeared in Physical Review Letters A, 82:1, http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevA.82.015801
- Display Note: Abstract: We present analytical solutions for the problem of two-level atom driven by a class of chirped pulses. The solutions are given in terms of Heun functions. By use of the appropriate chirping parameters, an enhancement of four orders of magnitude in the population transfer is obtained.