Lower thrust structure S/N 0000001 static structural test evaluation report Page: 23 of 53
This report is part of the collection entitled: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical Reports and was provided to Digital Library by the UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
C. TEST OPERATIONS
The following events summarize the LTS test operations:
1. Pre-test dimensions of the LTS were obtained and recorded. Con-
siderable mismatch was noticed in the welded joint above the LTS-PV flange.
Figure 11 is a photograph of a cast of this area.
2. Strain and internal deflection gages were mounted on the test unit.
3. The test unit and associated tooling were assembled and secured to
the test fixture. The bolts on the LTS-PV clamp were tightened in increments to
1200-inch-pounds torque and the strains, representing clamp preload, were recorded.
4. External deflection transducers were mounted.
5. Stresscoat was applied to the unit. All instrumentation, after
being connected to the recorders, was zeroed, balanced and ranged.
6. The Case-I load combination was applied incrementally to 100%
limit-load. Instrumentation recordings were made after each load increment, with
the stresscoat inspected after each increment above 60%. This run constituted
Phase 1 of the test.
7. Additional strain gages were installed and the loads for Cases 2,
10, ll, 12, 3, 4, 5, and 6 were applied, Additional strain gages were affixed to
the unit and the remaining Cases (Cases 7, 8, and 9) were run. Loading Cases 2
through 12 constituted Phase 2.
8. The test unit was taken out of the test fixture, cleaned (all
instrumentation being removed) and a post-test inspection was conducted.
Here’s what’s next.
This report can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Report.
Lower thrust structure S/N 0000001 static structural test evaluation report, report, April 1, 1965; Sacramento, California. (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1024652/m1/23/: accessed March 26, 2019), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.