PRELIMINARY DESIGN REQUIREMENTS ARGONNE BOILING REACTOR (ARBOR) FACILITY. Revision I Page: 95 of 161
This report is part of the collection entitled: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical Reports and was provided to Digital Library by the UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
30. Lighting - Steam Condenser Area*
31. Lighting - Misc. Exterior
32. Communications System
33. Single Line and Key Diagrams
34. Wiring Diagram 4160 Volt Switch Group
35. Wiring Diagram 4160 Volt Switch Group
36. Wiring Diagram 440 Volt Switch Group
37. Wiring Diagram 440 Volt Switch Group
38. Wiring Diagram 440 Volt Control Center
39. Wiring Diagram 440 Volt Control Center
40. Wiring Diagram 440 Volt Control Center
41. Wiring Diagram 440 Volt Control Center
42. Wiring Diagram 440 Volt Control Center
43. Thermocouple Wiring Diagram
44. Thermocouple Wiring Diagram
45. Thermocouple Wiring Diagram
46. Nuclear Control and Instrumentation Diagram
47. Elevations - Control Room Panels
48. Schematic Diagram - Rod Drive Control
49. Schematic Diagram - Steam System Instrumentation*
50. Schematic Diagram - Forced Circulation System
7. Compliance with AEC Requirements on Preparation
It will be necessary for the Laboratory and the Architect-
Engineer to collaborate in conforming to the AEC requirements, including
Idaho Operations Office Engineering Standards, as regards engineering
and construction standards, and the preparation of performance and ac-
Particular attention is called to the necessity for prepara-
tion of Title I, II, and III reports. It should be quite evident that a large
amount of the Title I work has been completed by the Laboratory. How-
ever, this information will have to be transferred to the Architect- Engineer's
drawings. Due to the complexity of the ARBOR System the proposed
concept must be developed in sufficient detail to present enough information
for the preparation of a realistic cost estimate.
An outline of a typical Title I report required of the Architect-
Engineer is presented below:
a. Summary - A brief description of various systems and
arrangements studied, cost and operating comparisons, and recommenda-
tion by the Architect-Engineer.
Here’s what’s next.
This report can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Report.
Fromm, L.W.; Bernsen, S.A.; Bullinger, C.F. & Matousek, J.F. PRELIMINARY DESIGN REQUIREMENTS ARGONNE BOILING REACTOR (ARBOR) FACILITY. Revision I, report, July 15, 1957; Lemont, Illinois. (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1023272/m1/95/: accessed March 21, 2019), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.