China Naval Modernization: Implications for U.S. Navy Capabilities-Background and Issues for Congress Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title China Naval Modernization: Implications for U.S. Navy Capabilities-Background and Issues for Congress
Author: O'Rourke, RonaldCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Naval Affairs
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2017-08-18
- Content Description: This report provides background information and issues for Congress on China's naval modernization effort and its implications for U.S. Navy capabilities. The question of how the United States should respond to China's military modernization effort, including its naval modernization effort, is a key issue in U.S. defense planning and budgeting. Decisions that Congress reaches on this issue could affect U.S. Navy capabilities and funding requirements and the U.S. defense industrial base.
- Physical Description: 105 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Defense policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Navies
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign policy
- Place Name: China
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL33153
- Accession or Local Control No: RL33153_2017Aug18
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc1020816