Newsmap. Monday, July 20, 1942 : week of July 10 to July 17 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Newsmap. Monday, July 20, 1942 : week of July 10 to July 17
- Added Title WEFT is a system for aircraft recognition
- Series Title Newsmap ; v. 1, no. 13
Distributor: [United States.] Army Orientation CourseCreator Type: Organization
Illustrator: Coggins, JackContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Illustrator for "WEFT Is a System for Aircraft Recognition"
Name: [United States.] Army Orientation Course.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1942-07-20
- Digitized: 2006-07-20
- Content Description: Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Russia, North Africa, Vichy fleet, Atlantic, Madagascar, Jugoslavia, Burma, China. Large world map is keyed to text and illustrates time zones around the world. Includes inset maps: Battle of Midway, Battleground in North Africa, Russian Front. Photographs: U.S. carrier is hit; Somewhere in Australia; Night bloom; Desert daybreak; Taken from Rommel; All-Chinese gun crew; Seagoing tractor on test; Ride through hell. Back: Text and illustrations promote the WEFT (Wing, Engine, Fuselage, Tail) method of aircraft recognition.
- Physical Description: 3 maps on 1 sheet : col., b&w and blue ; sheet, 90 x 120 cm. ; scale varies ; Means modified Van der Grinten projection
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Airplanes -- Recognition.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American.
- Keyword: U.S.S.R.
- Keyword: Soviet Union
- Keyword: Jugoslavia
- Keyword: Yugoslavia
- Keyword: Burma
- Keyword: Atlantic Ocean
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Start Date: 1942-07-10
- End Date: 1942-07-17
- Place Name: Africa
- Place Name: Australia/Oceania
- Place Name: Central America and Caribbean
- Place Name: Central Asia
- Place Name: East & Southeast Asia
- Place Name: Europe
- Place Name: Middle East
- Place Name: North America
- Place Name: South America
- Place Name: South Asia
- Place Name: Russia
- Place Name: Madagascar
- Place Name: Serbia and Montenegro
- Place Name: Myanmar
- Place Name: China
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: World War Two NewsmapsCode: NMAP
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 48120790
- Government Documents No.: W 109.107:1/13
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc1020
- Display Note: Southern Methodist University's Central University Libraries graciously loaned their copy of this Newsmap for digital imaging. "Prepared from public sources of information." "U.S. Government Printing Office : 1942 - 451482" Listed in 1942 Monthly Catalog, p. 1099.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K