Newsmap. Monday, September 28, 1942 : week of September 18 to September 25 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Newsmap. Monday, September 28, 1942 : week of September 18 to September 25
- Series Title Newsmap ; v. 1, no. 23
- Added Title Jungle Warfare
Distributor: [United States.] Army Orientation CourseCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Prepared and Distributed by Army Orientation Course, Special Service Division, Services of Supply.
Name: [United States.] Army Orientation Course.Place of Publication: [Washington, D.C.]
- Creation: 1942-09-28
- Digitized: 2006-07-21
- Content Description: Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: North Africa, Russia, Madagascar, Solomons, New Guinea, China, Burma, Western Europe. Large world map is keyed to text and illustrates time zones around the world. Inset maps show the drive on Port Moresby, East China, South Russia. Includes photographs: "Jap midget starts new mission", Testing M4 tanks, Japanese target [Port Moresby air field], Russian front-- Kuban sector, Victory fleet. Back: Jungle Warfare. 18 photographs showing scenes of jungle warfare accompanied by text describing the challenges faced by soldiers in that environment.
- Physical Description: 4 maps on 1 sheet : some col. ; sheet, 90 x 120 cm. ; scales vary ; Means modified Van der Grinten projection.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Jungle warfare -- Posters.
- Keyword: North Africa
- Keyword: U.S.S.R.
- Keyword: Soviet Union
- Keyword: Burma
- Keyword: Western Europe
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: Solomon Islands - Guadalcanal Province - Guadalcanal Island
- Start Date: 1942-09-18
- End Date: 1942-09-25
- Place Name: Africa
- Place Name: Australia/Oceania
- Place Name: Central America and Caribbean
- Place Name: Central Asia
- Place Name: East & Southeast Asia
- Place Name: Europe
- Place Name: Middle East
- Place Name: North America
- Place Name: South America
- Place Name: South Asia
- Place Name: Russia
- Place Name: Madagascar
- Place Name: Solomon Islands
- Place Name: New Guinea Island
- Place Name: China
- Place Name: Myanmar
- Place Name: Germany
- Place Name: England
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: World War Two NewsmapsCode: NMAP
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 48001164
- Government Documents No.: W 109.107:1/23
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc1009
- Display Note: Southern Methodist University's Central University Libraries graciously loaned their copy of this Newsmap for digital imaging. "Volume 1, No. 23." "Prepared from public sources of information." "U.S. Government Printing Office : 1942 - 469049" Listed in 1942 Monthly Catalog, p. 1360.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K