Newsmap. Monday, October 26, 1942 : week of October 16 to October 23 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Newsmap. Monday, October 26, 1942 : week of October 16 to October 23
- Series Title Newsmap ; v. 1, no. 27
- Added Title Foxholes Are Life Savers
Distributor: [United States.] Army Orientation CourseCreator Type: Organization
Name: [United States.] Army Orientation Course.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1942-10-26
- Digitized: 2006-07-21
- Content Description: Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Solomons -- New Guinea -- Aleutians -- Russia -- Shipping -- Mediterranean -- Yugoslavia -- Western Europe. Large world map is keyed to text and illustrates time zones around the world. Inset maps show Southwest Pacific -- Stalingrad. Includes photographs: Airport on Guadalcanal Island -- Somewhere in India [field artillery pieces and Gen. Stillwell's troops wearing German-type coal scuttle helmet] -- Supplies for Russia [Arctic convoy attacked by enemy torpedo planes and U boats] -- Freight cars with wings. Back: Foxholes are Lifesavers. 9 photographs show details of foxhole construction. Text describes advantages and proper use of foxholes in combat.
- Physical Description: 3 maps on 1 sheet : col. ; sheet 89 x 120 cm. ; scales vary ; Means modified Van der Grinten projection.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Trench warfare -- Pictorial works.
- Keyword: U.S.S.R.
- Keyword: Soviet Union
- Keyword: Yugoslavia
- Keyword: Western Europe
- Keyword: Mediterranean
- Keyword: Stalingrad
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Start Date: 1942-10-16
- End Date: 1942-10-23
- Place Name: Africa
- Place Name: Australia/Oceania
- Place Name: Central America and Caribbean
- Place Name: Central Asia
- Place Name: East & Southeast Asia
- Place Name: Europe
- Place Name: Middle East
- Place Name: North America
- Place Name: South America
- Place Name: South Asia
- Place Name: Solomon Islands
- Place Name: Solomon Islands - Guadalcanal Province - Guadalcanal Island
- Place Name: New Guinea Island
- Place Name: United States - Alaska - Aleutians West National Division - Aleutian Islands Island Group
- Place Name: Russia
- Place Name: England
- Place Name: Germany
- Place Name: Serbia and Montenegro
- Place Name: Russia - Rossiya Republic - Volgograd Oblast - Volgograd
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: World War Two NewsmapsCode: NMAP
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 62470819
- Government Documents No.: W 109.107:1/27
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc1005
- Display Note: Southern Methodist University's Central University Libraries graciously loaned their copy of this Newsmap for digital imaging. "Volume 1, No. 27." "Prepared from public sources of information." "U.S. Government Printing Office : 1942 - 469049" "Drawings by staff artist of YANK. Photos from U.S. Army Signal Corps" Listed in 1942 Monthly Catalog, p. 1471.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K