The HGCR-1, a Design Study of a Nuclear Power Station Employing a High-Temperature Gas-Cooled Reactor with Graphite-UO₂ Fuel Elements Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The HGCR-1, a Design Study of a Nuclear Power Station Employing a High-Temperature Gas-Cooled Reactor with Graphite-UO₂ Fuel Elements
- Series Title Oak Ridge National Laboratory Reports
- Series Title TID
- Added Title Oak Ridge National Laboratory Report ORNL-2653
- Series Title AEC research and development report
- Series Title Atomic Energy Commission Reports
Author: Cottrell, William B.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Copenhaver, C. M.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Culver, H. N.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Fontana, M. H.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Kelleghan, V. J.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Samuels, G.Creator Type: Personal
Distributor: United States. Department of Commerce. Office of Technical Services.Contributor Type: Organization
Originator: Oak Ridge National LaboratoryContributor Type: Organization
Originator: U.S. Atomic Energy CommissionContributor Type: Organization
Name: Oak Ridge National LaboratoryPlace of Publication: Oak Ridge, Tennessee
- Creation: 1959
- Content Description: "The preliminary design of a 3095-Mw(thermal), helium-cooled, graphite- moderated reactor employing sign conditions, 1500 deg F reactor outlet gas would be circulated to eight steam generators to produce 1050 deg F, 1450-psi steam which would be converted to electrical power in eight 157-Mw(electrical) turbine- generators. The over-all efficiency of this nuclear power station is 36.5%. The significant activities released from the unclad graphite-UO₂ fuel appear to be less than 0.2% of those produced and would be equivalent to 0.002 curie/ cm/ sup 3/ in the primary helium circuit. The maintenance problems associated with this contamination level are discussed. A cost analysis indicates that the capital cost of this nuclear station per electrical kilowatt would be around 0, and that the production cost of electrical power would be 7.8 mills/kwhr" (p. iii).
- Physical Description: vii, 192 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Gas cooled reactors -- Fuel.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Nuclear fuels.
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 36133637
- SuDoc Number: Y 3.At 7:22/ORNL-2653
- Report No.: ORNL-2653
- Grant Number: Contract No. W-7405-eng-26
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc100279
- Display Note: "ORNL-2653, Reactors - Power, TID-4500 (14th ed.)."