Defense: FY2007 Authorization and Appropriations Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Defense: FY2007 Authorization and Appropriations
Author: Daggett, StephenCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Foreign Affairs, Defense, and Trade Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2006-07-27
- Content Description: On July 20, the Senate Appropriations Committee marked up its version of the FY2007 defense appropriations bill, H.R. 5631. Floor action is expected to begin on August 1. The Senate bill provides $453.5 billion defense programs, including $50 billion in appropriations for overseas operations. The total is $9.1 billion less than the Administration requested. Earlier, on June 20, the House passed its version of the bill. It provides $416.3 billion for defense programs, $4.1 billion below the request. The amounts in the House and Senate bills are not directly comparable, since some programs in the Senate bill are covered in the House in the Military Quality of Life/Veterans Affairs appropriations bill, H.R. 5385.
- Physical Description: 71 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Defense economics
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Appropriations
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Congress and military policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Defense budgets
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Budgets
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Congress
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Defense policy
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL33405
- Accession or Local Control No: RL33405 2006-07-27
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs9426