Implementing International Agreements on Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs): Proposed Amendments to the Toxic Substances Control Act Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Implementing International Agreements on Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs): Proposed Amendments to the Toxic Substances Control Act
Author: Schierow, Linda-JoCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Environmental Policy
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2006-03-28
- Content Description: The focus of this report is on proposed amendments to the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA). This report does not constitute a legal analysis of the bills or of existing law. Instead, it begins by describing the three international agreements and relevant provisions of TSCA. The report then summarizes selected provisions of H.R. 4591 and H.R. 4800, as introduced, and compares them in a brief narrative and more detailed table.
- Physical Description: 35 Pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Hazardous substances
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Agriculture
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Environmental protection
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Treaties
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Pesticide pollution
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: International affairs
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL33336
- Accession or Local Control No: RL33336_2006Mar28
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs9168