Immigration Issues and Legislation in the 98th Congress Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Immigration Issues and Legislation in the 98th Congress
Author: Vialet, JoyceCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Education and Public Welfare Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1983-12-02
- Content Description: This report discusses Immigration reform, which continues to be of concern in the '96th Congress, and legislation has been moving quickly. Specific issues include illegal immigration, temporary workers, legalization, asylum adjudications, and legal immigration. The legislation under consideration is the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1983, popularly referred to as the Simpson-Mazzoli bill, introduced in the House and Senate on Feb, 17, 1983 as H.R. 1510 and S. 529.
- Physical Description: 21 Pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Immigration
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Immigration policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Illegal aliens
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: IB83087
- Accession or Local Control No: IB83087_1983Dec02
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs8839