"Sensitive but Unclassified" Information and Other Controls: Policy and Options for Scientific and Technical Information Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title "Sensitive but Unclassified" Information and Other Controls: Policy and Options for Scientific and Technical Information
Author: Knezo, Genevieve J.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Resources, Science, and Industry Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2006-02-15
- Content Description: This report traces the evolution of "sensitive but unclassified" or SBU-related controls; summarizes actions taken to protect certain types of scientific and technical information; describes critiques of some control policies; and summarizes proposals and actions, including congressional, executive and other initiatives, to clarify these issues and develop policies that serve various stakeholders. It also raises issues that may warrant further attention.
- Physical Description: 82 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Science policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Security classification (Government documents)
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Selective dissemination of information
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Communication in science - National policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Government information
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Communications
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- CRS Report Number: RL33303
- Accession or Local Control No: RL33303 2006-02-15
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs8704