Afghanistan: Post-War Governance, Security, and U.S. Policy Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Afghanistan: Post-War Governance, Security, and U.S. Policy
Author: Katzman, KennethCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Foreign Affairs, Defense, and Trade Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2006-02-21
- Content Description: The United States and its allies are helping Afghanistan emerging from more than 22 years of warfare, although substantial risk to Afghan stability remains. Before the U.S. military campaign against the orthodox Islamist Taliban movement began on October 7, 2001, Afghanistan had been mired in conflict since the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in 1979. The defeat of the Taliban has enabled the United States and its coalition partners to send forces throughout Afghanistan to search for Taliban and Al Qaeda fighters and leaders that remain at large, including Osama bin Laden. As the war against remaining Al Qaeda and Taliban elements winds down, the United States is shifting its military focus toward stabilizing the interim government, including training a new Afghan national army, and supporting the international security force (ISAF) that is helping the new government provide security.
- Physical Description: 51 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Politics and government
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations - Afghanistan - U.S.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations - U.S. - Afghanistan
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: American economic assistance - Afghanistan
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Politics and government - Afghanistan
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign aid
- Place Name: Afghanistan
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- CRS Report Number: RL30588
- Accession or Local Control No: RL30588 2006-02-21
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs8459