Abortion: Judicial and Legislative Control Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Abortion: Judicial and Legislative Control
Author: Lewis, Karen J.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: American Law Division
Author: Rosenberg, MortonCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: American Law Division
Author: Porter, Allison I.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: American Law Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1981-10-13
- Content Description: In 1973 the U.S. Supreme Court held that the Constitution protects a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy, Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113, and that a State may not unduly burden the exercise of that fundamental right by regulations that prohibit or substantially limit access to the means of effectuating that decision, Doe v. Bolton, 410 U.S. 179. But rather than settling the issue, the Court's rulings have kindled heated debate and precipitated a variety of governmental actions at the national, State and local levels designed either to nullify the rulings or hinder their effectuation. This brief discusses this ongoing issue, including related legislation and judicial history.
- Physical Description: 22 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Abortion
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Abortion -- Law and legislation
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- CRS Report Number: IB74019
- Accession or Local Control No: IB74019 1981-10-13
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs8401