European Views and Policies Toward the Middle East Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title European Views and Policies Toward the Middle East
Author: Archick, KristinCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Foreign Affairs, Defense, and Trade Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2005-12-21
- Content Description: Managing policy differences on a range of issues emanating from the Middle East poses serious challenges for the United States and its European allies and friends. The most vitriolic dispute has centered on the conflict in Iraq. However, divisions over how best to approach the ongoing Israeli-Palestinian conflict, manage Iran and Syria, and combat terrorism also persist. How deep and lasting the clash over Iraq and subsequent Middle East policies will be to transatlantic relations will likely depend on several factors, including whether Washington and European capitals can cooperate more robustly to rebuild Iraq; whether Europeans perceive a renewed U.S. commitment to revive the Middle East peace process; and whether differences over Mideast issues spill over into NATO or impede EU efforts to forge a deeper Union.
- Physical Description: 35 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations - Middle East - European Union
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations - European Union - Middle East
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations - Middle East - U.S.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations - U.S. - Middle East
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations - European Union - U.S.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations - U.S. - European Union
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL31956
- Accession or Local Control No: RL31956 2005-12-21
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs8029