9/11 Commission Recommendations: The Senate Confirmation Process for Presidential Nominees Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title 9/11 Commission Recommendations: The Senate Confirmation Process for Presidential Nominees
Author: Palmer, BetsyCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Government and Finance Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2004-11-22
- Content Description: On July 22, 2004, the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, known as the 9/11 Commission, issued its final report, detailing the events up to and including the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks upon the United States. The 9/11 Commission recommended that the Senate adopt rules requiring hearings and votes to confirm or reject national security nominees within 30 days of their submission at the start of each new presidential administration. Implementing the commission's proposal would involve imposing new restrictions on both the power of committee chairs to control the agenda of their committees and the rights of Senators to delay or block nominations through holds and extended debate. This report discusses in detail this proposal, how it could be implemented, and the potential effects of its implementation.
- Physical Description: 28 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Congress
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Presidential appointments
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Advice and consent of the Senate
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Presidents
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- CRS Report Number: RL32551
- Accession or Local Control No: RL32551 2004-11-22
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs7850