Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC): Property Transfer and Disposal Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC): Property Transfer and Disposal
Author: Flynn, Aaron MCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: American Law Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2005-02-23
- Content Description: The Defense Base Realignment and Closure Act of 1990 and the Federal Property and Administrative Services Act of 1949 provide the basic framework for the transfer and disposal of military installations closed during the base realignment and closure (BRAC) process. This report provides an overview of the various authorities available under the current law and describes the planning process for the redevelopment of BRAC properties.
- Physical Description: 6 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Defense economics
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Military base closures
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RS22066
- Accession or Local Control No: RS22066 2005-02-23
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs7745