S. 1783: The Pension Security and Transparency Act of 2005 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title S. 1783: The Pension Security and Transparency Act of 2005
Author: Purcell, Patrick J.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Domestic Social Policy Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2005-10-03
- Physical Description: 6 pages.
- Content Description: On September 28, the Senate Finance Committee and the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions announced that they had reached a compromise on a pension reform bill for consideration by the full Senate. The compromise bill has been introduced as S. 1783, “The Pension Security and Transparency Act of 2005.” S. 1783 combines provisions of S. 219, “The National Employee Savings and Trust Equity Guarantee Act,” reported by the Finance Committee, and “The Defined Benefit Security Act,” reported by the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions. This report summarizes the major provisions of the compromise bill, as announced by the chairmen and ranking members of the two committees.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Pensions
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Pension funds - Law and legislation
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RS22221
- Accession or Local Control No: RS22221 2005-10-03
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs7676