Cost-of-Living Adjustments for Federal Civil Service Annuities Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Cost-of-Living Adjustments for Federal Civil Service Annuities
Author: Purcell, Patrick J.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Domestic Social Policy Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2004-10-19
- Content Description: Cost-of-living adjustments (COLAs) for the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) and the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) are based on the rate of inflation as measured by the Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers (CPI-W). COLAs for both CSRS and FERS are determined by the average monthly CPI-W during the third quarter (July to September) of the current calendar year and the third quarter of the previous year.
- Physical Description: 5 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Pensions
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Cost of living adjustments
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Government employees
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Labor
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: 94-834
- Accession or Local Control No: 94-834 2004-10-19
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs7587