The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA): Proposed Regulations for P.L. 108-446 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA): Proposed Regulations for P.L. 108-446
Author: Jones, Nancy LeeCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Legislative Attorney; American Law Division
Author: Apling, Richard N.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Social Legislation; Domestic Social Policy Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2005-07-18
- Content Description: The 108th Congress passed P.L. 108-446, which reauthorized and revised the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). IDEA is the major federal the statute authorizing funds for special education and related services for children with disabilities and providing detailed due process provisions to ensure that these children receive a free appropriate public education (FAPE). Although much of the the basic structure of IDEA has been retained, P.L. 108-446 does make a number of significant changes. Among these are the definition of “highly qualified” teachers, calculation of maximum state grants, funding for high-need children with disabilities, revised state performance goals and requirements for children’s participation in state and local assessments, changes in the private school provisions, exceptions to certain financial requirements, changes in procedural safeguards, and changes in compliance monitoring to focus on student performance.
- Physical Description: 19 p.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Disabled
- Keyword: Education of disabled students - Law and legislation
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Elementary and secondary education
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 2005/2006
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL32998
- Accession or Local Control No: RL32998 2005-07-18
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs6940