Continuity of Operations (COOP) in the Executive Branch: Background and Issues for Congress Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Continuity of Operations (COOP) in the Executive Branch: Background and Issues for Congress
Author: Petersen, R. EricCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Government and Finance Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2003-04-21
- Content Description: This report discusses the background of COOP planning, discusses elements of an effective COOP plan, and reviews the current policies governing COOP planning in the executive branch. The final two sections address issues and policy questions, including, among other matters, the status of agency preparedness, maintaining COOP preparedness, congressional committee oversight of COOP activity, and funding for contingency planning.
- Physical Description: 15 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Executive departments
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Executive departments - Crisis management
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign policy
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL31857
- Accession or Local Control No: RL31857 2003-04-21
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs4620