Disaster Relief and Response: FY2003 Supplemental Appropriations Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Disaster Relief and Response: FY2003 Supplemental Appropriations
Author: Bea, KeithCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Government and Finance Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2003-10-01
- Content Description: Federal departments and agencies are authorized to undertake a range of emergency management activities, including disaster relief and response efforts. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has primary responsibility, but other departments and agencies provide grants and loans to disaster victims and reimburse state and local governments overwhelmed by costs associated with clearing debris and rebuilding facilities, among other forms of assistance. FY2003 supplemental funding for these activities has been the issue of debate.
- Physical Description: 14 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Emergency management
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Disaster relief - Supplemental appropriations
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Budgets
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL31999
- Accession or Local Control No: RL31999 2003-10-01
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs4426