The Abandoned Mine Land Fund: Grants Distribution and Issues Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Abandoned Mine Land Fund: Grants Distribution and Issues
Author: Bamberger, Robert L.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Environment and Natural Resources Policy Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1997-03-26
- Content Description: The Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act (SMCRA, P.L. 95-87), enacted in 1977, established reclamation standards for all coal surface mining operations, and for the surface effects of underground mining. It also established the Abandoned Mine Land (AML) program to promote the reclamation of sites mined and abandoned prior to the enactment of SMCRA. To finance reclamation of abandoned mine sites, the legislation established fees on coal production. These collections are divided into federal and state shares; subject to annual appropriation, AML funds are distributed annually to states with approved reclamation programs. This report describes the distribution of these funds and the various issues that arise from said distribution.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Business
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Grants-in-aid
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Reclamation of land - Finance
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Strip mining - Law and legislation
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Budgets
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Finance
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Natural resources
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Energy
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: 97-401
- Accession or Local Control No: 97-401 1997-03-26
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs398