Endangered Species: Difficult Choices Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Endangered Species: Difficult Choices
- Series Title CRS Issue Briefs
Author: Buck, Eugene H.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Resources, Science, and Industry Division
Author: Corn, M. LynneCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Resources, Science, and Industry Division
Author: Baldwin, PamelaCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: American Law Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2003-05-29
- Content Description: This report discusses issues debated in the 107th Congress while is considering various proposals to amend the Endangered Species Act of 1973 (ESA). Major issues in recent years have included changing the role of science in decision-making, changing the role of critical habitat, reducing conflicts with Department of Defense activities, incorporating further protection for property owners, and increasing protection of listed species, among others. In addition, many have advocated including significant changes to ESA regulations made during the Clinton Administration in the law itself.
- Physical Description: 18 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Animals
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Endangered species
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Natural resources
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: IB10072
- Accession or Local Control No: IB10072 2003-05-29
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs3753