COLAs for Military Retirees: Summary of Congressional and Executive Branch Action, 1982-2002 (FY1983-FY2003) Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title COLAs for Military Retirees: Summary of Congressional and Executive Branch Action, 1982-2002 (FY1983-FY2003)
Author: Goldich, Robert L.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Foreign Affairs, Defense, and Trade Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2002-11-29
- Content Description: The Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 1982 (which applied to FY1983 budget issues) suspended previously existing permanent law pertaining to cost-of-living adjustments(COLAs) for federal civilian and military retirees, and changed the COLA calculation formulas to postpone and/or reduce future COLAs for military retirees during 1983-1985 (FY1984-FY1986).This report examines executive and congressional COLA-related initiatives associated with each of the fiscal year budgeting processes from calendar year 1982 (FY1983) through calendar year 2000 (FY2001).
- Physical Description: 29 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Labor
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Federal budgets
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Military pensions
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Cost of living adjustments
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Budgets
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Veterans
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Pensions
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: 98-223 F
- Accession or Local Control No: 98-223 F 2002-11-29
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs3222