Drug Control: International Policy and Options Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Drug Control: International Policy and Options
- Series Title CRS Issue Briefs
Author: Lee, RensselaerCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Foreign Affairs, Defense, and Trade Division
Author: Perl, Raphael F.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Foreign Affairs, Defense, and Trade Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2002-12-11
- Content Description: Over the past decade, worldwide production of illicit drugs has risen dramatically: opium and marijuana production has roughly doubled and coca production tripled. Street prices of cocaine and heroin have fallen significantly in the past 20 years, reflecting increased availability. Despite apparent national political resolve to deal with the drug problem, inherent contradictions regularly appear between U.S. anti-drug policy and other national policy goals and concerns. The mix of competing domestic and international pressures and priorities has produced an ongoing series of disputes within and between the legislative and executive branches concerning U.S. international drug policy. One contentious issue has been the Congressionally-mandated certification process, an instrument designed to induce specified drug-exporting countries to prioritize or pay more attention to the fight against narcotics businesses.
- Physical Description: 19 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Criminal justice
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Drug policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Drug law enforcement
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Drug abuse
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: IB88093
- Accession or Local Control No: IB88093 2002-12-11
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs2358