The 2002 Farm Bill: Overview and Status Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The 2002 Farm Bill: Overview and Status
Author: Becker, Geoffrey S.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Resources, Science, and Industry Division
Author: Womach, JasperCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Resources, Science, and Industry Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2002-09-03
- Physical Description: 47 pages.
- Content Description: This report discusses the provisions of the 1996 farm bill, which was due to expire in 2002 but was extended for an additional 6 years on May 13, 2002 by President Bush (P.L. 107-171). The new law is called the "Farm Security and Rural Investment Act (FSRIA) of 2002. The new law generally supersedes the previous omnibus farm bill, the Federal Agriculture Improvement and Reform (FAIR) Act of 1996 (P.L. 104-127). The new farm law has attracted widespread criticism both in the U.S. and abroad. This report discusses these criticisms as well as the defenses of the law's proponents.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Agriculture
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Agricultural law and legislation
- Coverage Date: 2002
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL31195
- Accession or Local Control No: RL31195 2002-09-03
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs2119