"Fast Track" Parliamentary Procedures of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title "Fast Track" Parliamentary Procedures of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act
Author: Davis, Christopher M.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Government and Finance Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2008-11-14
- Content Description: The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (Division A of H.R. 1424, P.L. 110-343) empowers the Secretary of the Treasury to purchase certain "troubled assets" as a means to stabilize the economy. This report examines this procedure and explains how it differs from the regular parliamentary mechanisms of the House and Senate.
- Physical Description: 6 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Politics and government
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Legislative bodies
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Parliamentary government
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Economic policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Economic stabilization
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Congress
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Legislative resolutions
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Economic policy - Law and legislation
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- CRS Report Number: RS22985
- Accession or Local Control No: RS22985_2008Nov14
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs10823