Global Climate Change: Status of Negotiations Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Global Climate Change: Status of Negotiations
Author: Fletcher, Susan R.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Resources, Science, and Industry Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2008-06-17
- Digitized: 2008-06-23
- Content Description: In December 2007, the parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) held their 13th annual meeting in Bali, Indonesia, and began the process of working toward an agreement/treaty that would succeed the Kyoto Protocol to the UNFCCC when it expires in 2012. The Protocol includes a mandate for a reduction of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 30 developed/industrialized nations to an average of some 5% below their 1990 levels over the commitment period 2008-2012. The broad array of these issues, briefly discussed in this report, has been described by some as comprising perhaps the most complex negotiations ever undertaken internationally.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Air pollution
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Environmental protection
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Environmental law and legislation
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Global climate change
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Greenhouse gases
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: International affairs
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Negotiations
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Treaties
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: International organization
- Keyword: environmental policy
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: Environmental Policy CollectionCode: ESDC
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RS22899
- Accession or Local Control No: RS22899_2008Jun17
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs10759