Navy CVN-21 Aircraft Carrier Program: Background and Issue for Congress Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Navy CVN-21 Aircraft Carrier Program: Background and Issue for Congress
Author: O'Rourke, RonaldCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Foreign Affairs, Defense, and Trade Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2006-05-24
- Digitized: 2006-06-19
- Content Description: The Navy's proposed FY2007 budget requests $739 million in advance procurement funding for CVN-78, the lead ship in the Navy's proposed CVN-21 class of aircraft carriers. The budget also requests $45 million in advance procurement funding for CVN-79, the second ship in the class. The Navy wants to procure CVN-78 in FY2008 and CVN-79 in FY2012. The House and Senate versions of the FY2007 defense authorization bill (H.R. 5122/S. 2766) support procurement of CVN-78 and CVN-79 but differ on certain items relating to aircraft carrier acquisition.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Defense economics
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Public contracts
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Weapons systems
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Aircraft carriers
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RS20643
- Accession or Local Control No: RS20643_2006May24
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs10285