Agricultural Research, Education, and Extension Issues in the 105th Congress Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Agricultural Research, Education, and Extension Issues in the 105th Congress
- Series Title 105th Congress
Author: Rawson, Jean M.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Environment and Natural Resources Policy Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1998-01-15
- Content Description: The public agricultural research, education, and extension system is comprised of a nationwide network of federal and state agricultural research laboratories and departments, land grant Colleges of Agriculture, colleges of forestry and veterinary medicine, and the nationwide Cooperative Extension System. Although the basic authority to conduct agricultural research and extension programs is permanent, Congress since 1977 has provided funding authority and policy guidance for USDA's in-house research programs, and for federal support for cooperative research, higher education, and extension programs in the states, through a title contained in omnibus farm legislation. This report discusses specific pieces of such legislation and details certain agricultural and food-related appropriations.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Agriculture
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Agricultural law and legislation
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Agricultural experiment station
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Agricultural education
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Agricultural research
- Coverage Date: 1998
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- CRS Report Number: IB97032
- Accession or Local Control No: IB97032 1998-01-15
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metacrs10006