You limited your search to:
- Arteries of Progress
- A film on transportation in Venezuela.
- Con Salud Venceremos
- This film looks at health care and disease prevention in Venezuela.
- Teaching Reading to Spanish Speakers (MP 1544)
- This educational film concerns educational techniques for teaching Spanish-language kindergarten students how to read in English. Techniques include teaching children to read in Spanish before learning to read in English. The film discusses a 3-year pilot program to teach these techniques at the Lamar School in Edinburg, Texas, which began in 1969. Kindergarten and first grade teachers Marcelia Reyes, Ninfa Guerra, Eva Corona, and Christina Chavez discuss their positive experiences with the bilingual education method discussed in the film. The narrator introduces Jacinto Lopez, a child who came from Mexico not knowing any English, went through the program, and now tested at the third grade level on the California Achievement and SPACHE tests. The film concludes with other students involved in the pilot program and their scores on the CAT and SPACHE tests.
- Venezuela Elige su Destino: Narracion Fotografica de las Elecciones de 1947
- This Spanish language film explores Venezuela and Venezuela's 1947 presidential elections.