You limited your search to:
- Arteries of Progress
- A film on transportation in Venezuela.
- Con Salud Venceremos
- This film looks at health care and disease prevention in Venezuela.
- [Princeton Film Center Crew Outside the Museo De Bellas Artes]
- Photograph taken at the time that the film series, Venezuela on the March, was filmed in Venezuela by crew of the Princeton Film Center.
- Princeton Film Center scrapbook
Access: Use of this item is restricted to the UNT Libraries.
A scrapbook compiled by the Gordon Knox family containing materials (press releases, newspaper and journal clippings, advertisements, trade notices and other ephemera) about and related to the Princeton Film Center and Gordon Knox film productions. The items contained in the scrapbook were produced between 1941 and 1961.
- Teaching English in Kindergarten (MP 1543)
- This educational film demonstrates educational techniques for teaching English to Spanish-speaking students in Kindergarten with a focus on students of Mrs. Guerra at the Ford Elementary School in Pharr, Texas. These techniques can be found in the teacher's manual, "Teaching English Early," which is part of the set of materials in the Region One Curriculum Kit (ROCK). This film shows the students and Mrs. Guerra participating in language exercises.
- Teaching Reading to Spanish Speakers (MP 1544)
- This educational film concerns educational techniques for teaching Spanish-language kindergarten students how to read in English. Techniques include teaching children to read in Spanish before learning to read in English. The film discusses a 3-year pilot program to teach these techniques at the Lamar School in Edinburg, Texas, which began in 1969. Kindergarten and first grade teachers Marcelia Reyes, Ninfa Guerra, Eva Corona, and Christina Chavez discuss their positive experiences with the bilingual education method discussed in the film. The narrator introduces Jacinto Lopez, a child who came from Mexico not knowing any English, went through the program, and now tested at the third grade level on the California Achievement and SPACHE tests. The film concludes with other students involved in the pilot program and their scores on the CAT and SPACHE tests.
- [Tercio de Varas]
- Photograph of a bullring during the Tercio de varas (the lancing third) segment of a bull fight. The focus is on the bull and a picador. Taken in Venezuela during the time that the Princeton Film Center crew filmed the series, Venezuela on the March.
- Venezuela Elige su Destino: Narracion Fotografica de las Elecciones de 1947
- This Spanish language film explores Venezuela and Venezuela's 1947 presidential elections.