You limited your search to:
- Newsmap. Monday, May 4, 1942 : week of April 24 to May 1
- Text describes action on various war fronts: Japs advance to Lashio -- Allies raid Lae -- Japs attack in China -- Malta sends greetings -- Hitler in Detroit from Moscow -- Yanks in New Caledonia -- Gen. George killed -- Fourth registration -- President calls nation to new sacrifice -- Price control fixed -- Rescued crew hits sub -- U.S. movies bootlegged -- Home worries Hitler -- Eastern seaboard put under Army safeguard -- RAF 'second front' opens -- Malta stiffens fight -- Greek guerillas active -- Red commandos strike Large world map is keyed to text and illustrates time zones around the world. Inset map shows areas of heaviest rainfall around the Bay of Bengal. Photographs: Fortresses roamed from Australia -- Maj. Gen. Patch Jr. -- Brig. Gen. Harold H. George -- Ways will be found to deliver the planes -- The gun crew got the range -- Lt. Gen. Drum -- Germans reported Red armoured trains -- Training of U.S. Army glider pilots.
- Newsmap. Monday, May 11, 1942 : week of May 1 to May 8
- Text describes action on various war fronts: Navy announces victory -- End for Corregidor -- Rationing moves closer -- Japs push into China -- Marblehead limps in -- Stark for new fronts -- Iceland has its first air fight -- Army of 6,000,000 -- Launch four destroyers -- Anti-Axis move in Spain -- Army camps inspected -- Germans strike convoy -- Malta downs 154 planes -- Madagascar tip seized -- U.S. aids Middle East -- Nazi drive predicted -- RAF attacks roar on. Large world map is keyed to text and illustrates time zones around the world. Inset maps: Corregidor -- Madagascar. Includes photographs: Lt. Gen. Wainwright -- Maj. Gen. Brereton -- Navy raid on Marshall Islands in February -- Under Sec. Patterson -- Kearney destroyer -- Bombs being readied for planes -- Four-engined bomber flying somewhere in Europe -- Cavalry regiment changes mounts to speedy steel.
- Newsmap. Monday, May 18, 1942 : week of May 8 to May 15
- Text describes action on various war fronts: Jap advance lines cut -- U.S. bombers in India -- Jap defeat in China -- Tribute to team work -- Tokyo raid confirmed -- Axis attack forecast -- Subs in St. Lawrence -- Plan relief corps -- WAAC bill passes -- State laws 'brake' war -- Deal at Martinique -- Raid Jap settlements -- Peru's president here -- Freight by plane -- Gas rationing starts -- Indies fliers here -- British announce war casualties -- R.A.F. pushes attacks -- Gort to Malta command -- Mission to Africa -- Spring offensive on -- Norway plant wrecked. Large world map is keyed to text and illustrates time zones around the world. Inset map shows German and Russian advances near the Black Sea. Includes photographs: Lt. Gen. Stillwell -- Vice Pres. Wallace -- Lt. Gen. Somervell -- New bombs piled underground awaiting delivery -- Lord Gort -- Russian troop answer the Nazi assault -- British troops practice street fighting tactics. Includes 1 cartoon.
- Newsmap. Monday, May 25, 1942 : week of May 15 to May 22
- Front : Text describes action on various war fronts: Axis hunts Shangri La -- Shadow on Australia -- New threat to China -- Gandhi still passive -- More Yanks in Ireland -- U.S. gets Panama bases -- Spain would trade -- Island volcano erupts -- Axis people grumble -- Axis battles Chetniks -- Air travel curtailed -- Prinz Eugen torpedoes -- Attack on Kharkov -- Vichy downs RAF planes -- Africa drive hinted -- Malta counts bombings. Large world map is keyed to text and illustrates time zones around the world. Inset maps show the Burma Road and a map of a portion of Europe overlaying a map of the United States. U.S. cities are shown in italics, European cities in capitals. Includes photographs: Doolittle did much -- North American B-25 -- Gandhi opposes [scorched earth policy] -- School of 'tin fish' ready for their deadly work -- Shell casings stacked in Moscow factory -- Rommel might move -- Catalinas from America keep an eye on the Mediterranean -- RAF salvages wrecked planes from desert. Includes 1 cartoon. Back: Know Your Enemies: the Nazi Army. Includes photographs: Supporting Fire, Howitzer in Action, Moving Up, Mountain Troops, Tank Destroyer, Anti-Aircraft Alert, No. 2 Man, Quick Crossing, Battle Practice, Flame Thrower, Mopping Up. Inset has text details for each photograph.